3rd Annual ZSEM Financial Conference
Dear CVCA members and CVCA/VentureXchange business partners, we are pleased to invite you to the 3rd Annual ZSEM Financial Conference organized by the Zagreb School of Economics and Management (ZSEM) and taking place on Friday, 23 May 2014.
The topic of this year's conference is "Emerging markets after Quantitative Easing".
Some of the key topics that will be discussed at the conference include:
- What happens when the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank start raising interest rates?
- How will higher rates affect emerging economies in the South East Europe?
- Will emerging economies be able to finance their deficits when real interest rates rise?
- Will we see the movement of capital away from these emerging economies? What are the main current geopolitical risks and how might they affect the markets?
- James Roaf - Senior Resident Representative in IMF for Central and Eastern Europe
- Christian Keller - Head of Research for Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA), Barclays
- Ludwik Sobolewski - CEO of Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Piotr Kowalski - Head of Fitch Ratings for Poland and Central and Eastern Europe
This conference will also include a SPECIAL WORKSHOP session for CFOs, Finance Directors, Treasurers and DMOs, organized by Barclays. The session will introduce the most recent changes in derivatives pricing with particular focus on interest rates and FX hedging for borrowers. A separate block will be dedicated to the credit risk embedded in the OTC derivative contracts and the ways of addressing it. Participants will have also an opportunity to review and compare some of the most common approaches to hedging interest and FX risk in relation to new bond issues.
We look forward to welcoming you the 3rd Annual ZSEM Financial Conference. See you there!